Thursday, June 4, 2009

Google vs Bing!!! Who Is Gonna Win????

Bing is a new search engine but with a difference . It was launched by Microsoft a week back. They call it the “decision engine” .As the name suggests it apparently makes decisions: from everyday decisions, like which restaurant to eat at, to complicated decisions, like which digital camera to buy or where to stay on your next vacation etc..

First look at it, I was impressed. It’s got this panaromic view as a wallpaper on its front page, a lot better than the plain white google. But when you start searching, well I personally din’t find anything special. I mean it gives search results just like another search engine.

One of the features  it provides is more accurate search results. But then who cares, most of the internet users I guess are satisfied with Googles results and are not complaining .

Below is a video on how bing might help you make decisions, its new features etc..


Here is a link to the main article which lists all the features of bing-

http://www.bing.com/community/blogs/search/archive/2009/06/01/user-needs-features-and-the-science-behind-bing.aspx

Do you think bing’s going to be a success? Will users shift?? Will they begin bing’ing rather than googling??? Well only time will tell.

What do you think of bing? Do you plan to shift???

 

10 comments:

  1. I prefer Google, it is by far the best!

    BTW, thanx 4 droppin by. Am from TN. Vich state r u from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post trinton, I like Google but will head on to bing to submit my blog, thanks 4 the post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my hub regarding adsense. I do know that you can go to your own blog, but since adsense gave me no reason for disabling my account I can only guess as to why. They are just my opinions and suggestions, but I do appreciate your comment and thanks for stopping by. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Google is still d best...bohot se bing n twitter aake gaye dum hoga to rahenge warna..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving Bing. I'll probably change. I use Yahoo! now. Google is a good search engine, but no news or any of that. So either Yahoo or Bing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    Thank You for commenting on my page. I am honored you have chosen to follow me.Interesting page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for the comment! i'm really happy i'm getting feedback already :)
    nice blog you have here

    ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking at the previous comments results are 3 for Google and 1 is in doubts - so i guess i would choose Google as the winner :P :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello,
    Just stumbled upon your blog and was wanting to put in my two cents. Google is am probably will always be the ultimate search engine however I have a similar blog about Google on my blog the link to the specific blog is http://drewrowland.blogspot.com/2009/05/googles-demise-possibly.html
    the link to my blog is
    drewrowlang.blogspot.com check it out, I like your blog a lot and have become a follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have become a follower of your blog, and I particularly like the post on Bing.

    First of all, the "bing" sound that Bing makes in those commercials is the most annoying thing ever! I also feel that Bing will not significantly improve its position, because, although it will power Yahoo!'s search engine, there's no guarantee the deal will be approved, or even that Yahoo! will even survive before the deal is finalized in three years or so. Three years is a long time in the hyperactive Internet. And so, I think that Bing will collapse, Microsoft will lick its wounds, and it will try again and again and again...

    I AM really biased because I was raised on Google and use its services (Blogger, Picasa, Docs, etc.) for almost everything. But, I encourage you to check out my blog here @:

    http://dannysignifyingnothing.blogspot.com/

    This is because I will be posting an alternate history story soon, wherein Google acquires Yahoo! (i.e. what if Yahoo! had rejected the Bing search deal).

    ReplyDelete