Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Last Leg Of The Journey - VISA!!!!!

Im finally done with my engineering  after 4 years of struggling, and now im proud to say im officially an Aeronautical Engineer .. Wooo Hooo .. for those of you don’t know what it is- its all about vehicles  which fly above the ground- from aircrafts, helicopters, hovercrafts to rockets. It deals with everything –design, construction and science of these kind of vehicles. Ive been waiting a long time for this day, but now ive got the degree and it doesn’t feel any different, maybe its coz im still jobless:(  you must be wondering what that pic got to do with me, well nothin, i thought it was cool so i just posted it:)

Now since that’s over, the second half of my life begins, I planned to do my MS since you cant really get a job with just an aeronautical degree( you need to specialize in something- that’s atleast what I think;) ).  The only option I had was to go to the US for MS since over here in India not many colleges offer MS, and the ones which do are for the really smart ones. So I applied to a few universities in the US and am proud to say got into University at Buffalo, State University Of New York. Its ranked 52 so im happy, but I would have loved to get into Iowa State University. Well who cares, I just think of it as a big loss for ISU.

Now the last leg of my journey and also the most important one begins. All my hard work for the past few months will go in vain if I cant go through this- VISA!!!!!!!!! Well  im confident that il breeze through the interview since ive got all that’s necessary to qualify for a VISA including an admit from a good University. But you just cant say, It all depends on the mood of the person who is interviewing me that day. And if he/she has had a bad day , il get screwed.

Ive done with all the visa booking and stuff and my date is on june 17th. Im not tensed at all, I just hope it goes well.

I guess il sign off for now, and if you wanna know how the interview goes, ul have to keep visiting my blog ….:p :)

8 comments:

  1. Incredible and congratulations.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi
    thanks for following me. interesting blog you hve :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Thanks for coming by my blog.CONGRATULATIONS!! Hope all goes well and all the best.My hubby too has an engineering background (electrical).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting and giving your comments in my blog. I really appreciated it. I also liked your style of expressing yourself in your blog. I am definitely gonna follow you.

    Keep it up man!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the interview, my best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to have to share your blog with my brother. He wanted to do what you just accomplished and then backed out so I am going to email this to him. I think he is afraid of all the schooling lol.

    ~Michelle
    mysoapology.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops sorry wrong blog! I meant to post mine under my name http://youaresooonotalone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete